CampO'Donnell2

 


Photo of Camp O'Donnell Cemetery as seen from an American plane after the war.

Courtesy of Fred Baldassarre





American soldiers bow their heads in a moment of silence at the Camp O'Donnell Cemetery.  The camp was open for a little over a month.  During that time, 1500 American POWs died from malnutrition and disease.  The cross was erected by order of the Japanese in 1942.
Courtesy of Robert Gallegos



Remains of American POWs being exhumed from a mass grave at the Camp O'Donnell Cemetery by an American recovery team.

Courtesy of Fred Baldassarre





The original cross from Camp O'Donnell on display in the National Prisoner of War Museum at Andersonville, Georgia.  "Omnia Pro Patria"  ("All for Our Country.")
Courtesy of Robert Gallegos




 


Return to Scrapbook

Back

Continue